Ricky & I were recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Hanna at RatedByHanna . Thank you, Hanna! We've recently been researching new bloggers to follow and learn from so this is perfect timing! We're excited to use this platform to nominate some of our new favorites!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
Who brings sunshine into your day? Let us know in the comments below!
1. Thank the person that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person that nominated you.
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
1. How many posts do you have sitting in your drafts and/or scheduled posts?
We have eleven posts sitting in our drafts (posts to publish once a week until the middle of November). We like to be ahead of the game so we can write when we have time and focus on learning how to blog "better" and marketing our blog throughout each week.
2. When and why did you start blogging?
We started our blog because we wanted to have an outlet to share our travels and lifestyle with friends & family. People were always asking us how we live in NYC and travel as often as we do. To us, the answer was simple: save money, budget, and plan. So we put it in a blog!
3. What is the weirdest or worst experience you've had at a business?
For my birthday this year, Ricky & I went to an Italian restaurant in our neighborhood. The one waitress was also the bartender AND the owner of the restaurant. Her sister was sitting at the bar with a laptop and they were talking & swearing (very loudly) about an upcoming family wedding. They were also both drinking at the bar. Our meal took quite a while to come out and was no good when it finally came out. When we asked for the check, it took 10-15 minutes to get so Ricky finally went to the bar to get it and the waitress came back with him to tell me how cute he was. It was very uncomfortable the way she was expressing this. We got out of there as quickly as we could and Ricky spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom... sick.
4. What is on your bucket list for the next five years?
We'd like to be house flipping and have a blog to share this experience. We'd also like 10,000 people on our blogging email list. :)
5. What topic do you like blogging about the most?
We love blogging about travel; sharing our experience and our itineraries is our favorite. But we also love those blogs that are strictly financial tips. We have a few coming up that we're excited about as well!
6. Which blog are you most proud of?
Stick with your Budget-one of our Financial blogs. We're also proud of our Colorado blog; we tried something new with that one and had fun with it.
7. How do you stay motivated to keep blogging even when viewership or positive feedback is low?
We just keep studying. Our blog is still so new, so we know we have a lot to learn.
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog and what do you want others to get from reading your blog?
2. What do you like most about blogging?
3. If you could give one piece of advice to a new blogger, what would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite piece that you've written and posted on your blog?
5. Do you plan on making new friends through your blog (or have you already)? If not, why?
6. What do you do in your spare time/what are your favorite hobbies (other than blogging!)
7. If money was not a factor, where would you travel?
Look forward to reading all of your responses!