Veggie Lo MEin
Price Break Down / Where We Shop
- Green Beans - Stop & Shop Green Beans Trimmed Fresh (12 oz bag for $2.50) $0.21/oz
- Carrots - Stop & Shop Matchstix Carrots (10 oz bag for $1.99) $0.20/oz
- Mushrooms - Stop & Shop Mushrooms Baby Bella Sliced (8 oz pkg for $2.50) $0.31/oz
- Red, Orange, Yellow, and/or Green Peppers - Stop & Shop Bell Peppers (Prices may vary from $1.00 - $2.09 depending on what colors you buy)
- Broccoli - Stop & Shop Broccoli Florets (12 oz pkg for $3.79) $0.32/oz
- Soy Sauce - La Choy Soy Sauce Lite (10 oz btl for $3.50) $0.35/oz
- Hoison Sauce - Soy Vay Marinade Sauce (22 oz blt for $4.09) $0.19/oz
- Sesame Oil - Joyce Chen Seasame Oil (8 oz blt for $7.99) $1.00/oz
- Honey - Stop & Shop Grade A Pure Honey (12 oz blt for $3.49) $0.29/oz
- Noodles - Gefen Ramen Noodles Oriental Style Vegetable Flavor (3 oz pkg for $0.69) $0.23/oz
- Veggies *We always purchase fresh produce and their prices vary from week to week.*
- Green Beans
- Red, Orange, Yellow and/or Green Peppers
- ...and any other vegetable you may desire
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Noodle of your desire *We use vegetable flavor Ramen noodles*
- Salt and Pepper *We would hope you already have salt and pepper doing any cooking*
- Cooking Oil *We would hope you already have salt and pepper doing any cooking*
This amount of ingredients 2-4 people depending on the amount of veggies you buy. For a total of $36.71 (but if you already have the oils in your kitchen, you won't need to buy these every time!) This is also great for leftovers.
- Prep - Wash and dry all produce. Cut up all vegetable to the desire length, shapes and sizes. Peel and fine chop garlic.
- Making sauce - mix together in a small bowl Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, honey and 1/4 cup of water. Set aside for later.
- In a large pan over medium heat (use non stick pan if you have one) heat a drizzle of oil. Add noodles and cook, tossing until tender, 3-4 minutes. If pan seems dry, add a splash of water. Remove noodles from pan and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add all vegetables and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, tossing until fragrant, 1 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. add sauce and noodles to pan. toss everything until well-coated and sauce has thickened slightly, 2-3 minutes.