Price Break Down / Where We Shop
- Coconut Oil - Stop & Shop Nature's Promise Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (29 oz jar for $13.99) $0.48/oz
- Brown Sugar - Stop & Shop Pure Can Brown Sugar Light (32 oz bag for $2.49) $0.08/oz
- Eggs - Stop & Shop White Eggs Grade A Large (1.5 doz for $2.69) $0.15/egg
- Vanilla - McCormick Pure Extract Vanilla (4 0z btl for $17.99) $4.50/oz -- "We actually have a 8 ounce bottle for $34.00 but that's because we bake a whole lot"
- Wheat Germ - Bob's Red Mill Wheat Germ (12 oz bag for $2.49) $0.20/oz -- "We purchase our wheat germ at Ocean State Job Lot cause it was on sale at the time"
- Whole Wheat Flour - Stop & Shop Whole Wheat Flour (5 lb bag for $3.69) $0.05/oz
- Baking Powder - Davis Baking Powder Double Acting (8.1 oz can for $3.99) $0.49/oz
- Cinnamon - McCormick Cinnamon Ground (2.37 oz btl for $3.59) $1.51/oz
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil [$3.84]
- 1 -1/2 Cup Brown Sugar [$0.96]
- 2 Eggs [$0.30]
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract [$0.75]
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Germ [$0.80]
- 2-1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour [$1.00]
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder [$0.16]
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt "We would hope you already have salt if you doing any type of baking or cooking"
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar "We would hope you already have sugar if you're doing any type of baking or cooking"
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon [$0.24]
This amount of ingredients yields about 6 dozen cookies. For a total $8.05 for 72 Oreo size healthy tasty snicker doodle cookies, this is a double win with price and health compared to buying a pack of Oreos.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the coconut oil and brown sugar together until the mix is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in the vanilla and wheat germ.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a creamy mixture. Combine the raw sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Form the dough into balls, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place two inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on a rack