Cannellini Bean Salad
Price Break Down / Where We Shop
- Baguette - Stop & Shop Bread $1.00-$2.99
- Grape Tomatoes - Tomatoes Grape (1 Pint for $2.50) $0.21/oz
- 1 bunch of Parsley - Stop & Shop Parsley (Bunch for $1.59)
- Italian Seasoning - Ken's Dressing Zesty (16 oz btl for $2.79) $0.17/oz *This can be Italian Dressing which you may already have in your refrigerator. We buy Wishbone Italian Fat Free Dressing and there's often a sale for $2.50*
- Cucumbers - Stop & Shop Cucumbers (2 ct pkg $1.89) $0.95/ea
- Garlic - Stop & Shop Minced Garlic (4.5 oz jar $2.09) $0.46/oz
- Fresh Mozzarella - Stop & Shop Mozzarella Ball (8 oz pkg $3.99) $7.98/lb
- Cannellini Beans - Stop & Shop Cannellini Bean (15.5 oz can for $0.79) $0.05/o
- Total Cost: $12.00 (Price is based off half of everything, excluding bread and garlic.)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Cannellini Beans
- Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper "We would hope you already have salt and pepper doing any cooking"
This meal is great because you can decide to make just enough for two (based on the size of the baguette and cucumber you buy) or you can make it for a cookout and have enough for a group.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and cut all of the produce. Cut the baguette into 1 inch cues. Thinly slice the cucumbers, halve the tomatoes, slice the garlic, tear the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces, pick the parsley leaves from the stems, and rinse the cannellini beans.
- Toss the baguette cubes with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper. Put them on a baking sheet and toast until they are golden on the outside but still soft on the inside. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the garlic. Pour this in a larger bowl and set it aside after about 30 seconds.
- Put the cannellini beans into the large pan that you just emptied. Add the italian seasoning and cook for about 1-2 minutes. You can add salt and pepper here for flavoring as well.
- Toss the baguette cubes, mozzarella, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some olive oil into the bowl with the garlic oil. Add the parsley and season it with salt & pepper to your liking.
- Let this sit for a few minutes to marinate and then enjoy!