Price Break Down / Where We Shop
- Blueberries: $3.99 at Stop & Shop
- Sugar: $1.99 for a 4lb bag at Stop & Shop
- Lemon: $0.90 at Stop & Shop
- Whole Wheat Flour: $3.69 for a 5lb bag at Stop & Shop
- Baking Powder: $2.39 for an 8oz can at Stop & Shop
- Butter: $3.49 for four sticks of butter at Stop & Shop
- Total: $16.45
Serves: 6-8 people or two people all week!
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the berries, water, 3/4 cups of sugar, and the lemon rind. Bring this to a boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the berry mix into a heatproof casserole dish and sprinkle the crumb mix over this.
- Bake for 25 minutes.